Audio Asylum Thread Printer
Get a view of an entire thread on one page
|For Sale Ads|
I received my Decca Sound 50 cd collection about a week ago and have listened to about 10 so far. I highly recommend this set based on the following.
1) A great variety of classical music including, Bach, Beethoven, Bruckner Mozart, Rachmaninov, Prokofiev, Ravel, Sibelius and many more
2) Great conductors including Solti, Ansermet, Karajan, Sutherland, Argenta, Dorati, Mehta, Monteux, Dutoit and many more
3) Great artists including Ashkenazy, Curzon, Fleming, Friere, Katchen, Larrocha, Pavarotti, Tebaldi and many more
4) Great Decca sound which has been remastered very well
5) Also on shorter original cd's they have added bonus material
For $50 you can not go wrong with this set
Would you mind posting a link to where it is available for $100? I see it is about $126 on Amazon.
This is where I got mine. I see that they are out of stock. Prices on this set seem to be all over the place
I thought it was $100. Still a Helluva deal
"Man is the only animal that blushes - or needs to" Mark Twain
You are correct
Sorry, I was thinking of the Mercury set
I've only seen the Mercury set selling for more than $100; where have you seen it for $50? (I'd grab it at that price!)
Guys have you ever heard of brain cramp. I really do apologize. Both sets are about $100 and well worth the money. Since I already had all of the Mercuries I went for the Decca set. I think there is a greater variety of types of music in the Decca set and a lot of the Mercuries can be somewhat bright sounding. You really can't go wrong with either set
Post a Followup:
Post a Message!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors: