Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.
In Reply to: RE: Tu-875 Pre-amp mods posted by stefan on August 14, 2011 at 15:55:23
Thanks - I checked the link you posted, but could not find any suggestions for modification of the Tu-875. Have also been checking Japanese websites, however no luck either. Will start experimenting with caps, but am concerned that I will have space issues.
Yes, space is the issue.
I managed to change out a few coupling caps in the TU-875 pre-amp.
2 x 0.47uF clarity caps (250VDC) were used to replace the existing 0.47uF output coupling caps at C31 and C32. This was very tight as shown in the photo. These caps will influence all of the inputs (phono, tape, line) so I thought it was worth experimenting with these.
2 x 0.68uF (C5 and C6): existing caps were replaced with Mundorf Zn caps of the same value - which affects only the MC section. These caps were good from a price point and are described as being neutral in some reviews. No problem fitting these in.
The pre-amplifier sounds better when using the MC section with my DL-110 stylus. It has improved the bass to a small extent. I think the final modification will be the replacement of the phono input coupling caps, C1 and C2, as there is a lot more room to play with in this area of the enclosure.
Further mods would probably require a modified enclosure.
Post a Followup:
Post a Message!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors: