Home Vinyl Asylum

Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.

car enthusiasts usually say tires age out in five years

I have no idea if that info about tires can be applied to cartridge suspensions , but I thought an opinion from the extreme hard core, who can actually measure performance objectively , verses the subjectivity of human hearing, might be fun to add to any consideration .

The issues addressed in the above reply have also occurred to me. I was gratified to find the same model of an old shure cart that I own with an SAS stylus being used to sell product by using it in a demo set up in an audio show. There is so much emphasis on new product, that it is easy to fall for the luster of hype, at least for me.

However, in my case , the SAS stylus is not quite an exact replica, foil tubes of beryllium, although a genius answer to the stylus rod design problem, turned out to be too hazardous for worker health , and the brush, although I never use it, is also not the same.

The result is , although I have great sound with the old shure, I am considering switching to something strictly OEM to the original design when replacement time rolls around . I am enamored by the Rega cartridge mounting system , and I own a, modified by Michell, rega arm, so I was looking real hard in their direction , which has a different philosophy than my hypotiical choice, so far , the ortofon beethovin 2m black. I recently learned that the real ugly yellow rega cart is the sweet spot in the line . I just wish the stuff that ticks off my purchase goals more completely were much less expensive over at rega.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • car enthusiasts usually say tires age out in five years - beach cruiser 14:13:28 01/29/24 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.