Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Database creation posted by email@example.com on November 7, 2023 at 07:10:51:
I started to digitally catalog my music accession using MS Access, with drop down lists and a whole bucket load of stuff that Access can do. But I found it tedious for what I really needed and that was a simple list of albums with a handful of attributes so I didn't buy something I already had. That, and a reminder of great music that I have but don't play very often; "lost treasures" so to speak. I now use a relatively simple spreadsheet with a master list and a couple of Pivot-Tables that I save as a PDF file. I can mail and access that PDF table with my smart phone when I shop for albums in record stores.
Databases are nice, but spreadsheets can be similarly useful with less work. At least for me.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Database creation - firstname.lastname@example.org 07:10:51 11/07/23 (15)
- RE: A spreadsheet can work. - tketcham 08:14:54 11/08/23 (2)
- Yup - pivot tables are handy [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 12:17:56 11/08/23 (0)
- Great answer. - ToddM 08:31:11 11/08/23 (0)
- Open Office Db - Munkie_NL 06:44:33 11/08/23 (0)
- RE: Database creation - jennconducts 01:02:05 11/08/23 (0)
- If you have so many LPs to require a database then you can't spare the listening time to create one :) - 13th Duke of Wymbourne 15:24:34 11/07/23 (0)
- I use a very simple Apache Open Office spreadsheet that does all that I will ever need. ... - J. S. Bach 14:59:58 11/07/23 (0)
- If you're doing this for classical recordings... - hesson11 14:57:28 11/07/23 (1)
- Especially for compilations. So many classical LPs have multiple composers and - alaskahiatt 11:44:09 11/08/23 (0)
- Former librarian, current DBA, here. - ToddM 12:49:56 11/07/23 (0)
- RE: Database creation - weedeewop 08:05:37 11/07/23 (4)
- RE: Database creation - Phil_S 08:38:36 11/08/23 (0)
- Thanks for the Discogs recommendation!...- - Steve Parry 18:48:50 11/07/23 (1)
- BTW, the best way to do this is to search for the record id number...- - Steve Parry 09:48:08 11/08/23 (0)
- +1 on Discogs (NT) - jperry 12:09:30 11/07/23 (0)