Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
I tried to post this earlier today but I must have done something wrong.
Everyone goes gaga about the Audio Technica VM540ML but what if you don't want a micro-ridge cartridge? What if you want a good ol' elliptical, like the VM530EN.
Does anyone have anything positive to say about them?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Audio Technica VM540ML - Mushroom Soup 18:42:32 10/12/23 (7)
- Same cartridge, just with an elliptical stylus. - ghost of olddude55 03:05:02 10/13/23 (6)
- RE: Same cartridge, just with an elliptical stylus. - Mushroom Soup 06:45:38 10/13/23 (5)
- That's the trouble i've had with AT.... - NuWave 09:35:44 10/13/23 (2)
- there were a lot of complaints here years ago with the 440 - Story 11:28:29 10/13/23 (0)
- The 540 doesn't sound like the 440MLa - ghost of olddude55 10:31:13 10/13/23 (0)
- Detail and resolution don't have to equal "sharp edges". nt. - MWE 07:49:54 10/13/23 (0)
- You'd be happy with the 530EN. - ghost of olddude55 07:40:27 10/13/23 (0)