Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Stanton 681EEE posted by email@example.com on January 20, 2022 at 12:46:27:
as I've recently said here before, the 681 is a moving iron MI cart and has a great deal of inductance in the coils in order to achieve the required output level of a moving magnet MM cart. It has an historical significance for wide usage in radio stations and also it's tracking abilities, but can be bettered in sound qualities within the Stanton and the sister Pickering company with their moving magnet carts (881 & 3000, 4000).
The separation spec is frequency dependent anyway and not a direct indicator of sound quality. The cantilever elastomer may be only slightly stiffened if that, or may not be at all. I am currently using a Pickering 3000 cart with a 4000 stylus&brush on one of my tables at the factory spec tracking force and it is a beautifully cart, I wish someone would re-release it.
If you set it up and are not satisfied with the sound and tracking, especially compared with your Art9, then you can think about replacing it. But, throw a hard to track record at it and lift the arm the moment you hear any mistracking, which may or may not happen.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Stanton 681EEE - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:46:27 01/20/22 (16)
- LP Gear styli - hifitommy 12:20:31 01/22/22 (0)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - Story 05:04:38 01/21/22 (3)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - flood2 12:24:41 01/21/22 (2)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - flood2 14:20:47 01/20/22 (0)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - Quadzilla 14:14:18 01/20/22 (0)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - SgreenP@MSN.com 14:04:32 01/20/22 (0)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - email@example.com 13:56:24 01/20/22 (4)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - jrtrent 03:42:24 01/22/22 (3)
- "I prefer to stick with new cartridges that are still being supported by the original manufacturer." - Quadzilla 07:19:46 01/22/22 (2)
- RE: "I love my Stanton 881S, but I won't likely replace the stylus when it wears out." ... - andyr 16:55:10 01/23/22 (1)
- My 881S is more of a sentimental favourite then a practical one. - Quadzilla 17:00:22 01/23/22 (0)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - Akolegov88 13:27:44 01/20/22 (0)
- Well, here's 200 posts if you put Stanton 681EEE in the Find box . . . - alaskahiatt 13:25:53 01/20/22 (0)
- RE: Stanton 681EEE - Sondek 12:52:43 01/20/22 (0)