Home Vinyl Asylum

Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.

RE: Questions.......

Thank you, Todd, for asking these questions. I should add that I have two preamps. A GAS Thalia II for solid state and an ARC SP-8, which is a tube preamp.
This phenomenon occurs with both of these preamps.
I apologize because my original description was mistaken. I'll try again. I start out with the R ch phono lead in the right ch preamp phono input and the left ch phono lead in the L ch preamp phono input. The right ch sound drops out--R ch speaker is silent. I switched the L ch phono lead to the R ch preamp phono input and the R Ch phono lead into the L ch preamp phono input. Now the left speaker is silent and the R ch speaker is playing. In other words, the L ch phono lead played music through the L or R preamp phono input and the R ch phono lead would not play through either preamp phono input.

I do have other sources. The CD player works fine. Streaming files from computer to DAC to preamp work fine. FM Tuner works fine.

Both of these preamps have an in-circuit, built-in phono stage. (They're old components!)
Question 5--no
Question 6--no

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Questions....... - George S. Roland 19:27:40 11/19/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.