Home Vinyl Asylum

Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.

Rega Planar 10 & Apheta 3, one month in

I'll cut to the chase-this might be the most satisfying purchase I've made in audio, right up there with with my Vandersteen 2ce Signature II speakers. The combo tells the truth-whatever is on the record is what you'll get. Bryan Ferry's Bete Noire gives you the huge, cavernous, artificial soundstage with all of the little percussive details hanging out there in the soundscape just as the artist and engineer Bob Clearmountain intended. Every record just sounds like it's supposed to, with the table and cart passing on the information without editorializing. The bass is the most surprising and welcome improvement for me-I've always had large, heavy tables and equated mass with bass weight but the P10 gives you it all with even better definition-my MFSL Dark Side of the Moon had me shaking my head and grinning. My Pro-Ject Xtension 10 sounds ponderous and sluggish by comparison, albeit with a different cart. The Apheta 3 tracks like a champ and sounds ruler flat with highs that go on forever with with no etch or glare.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Rega Planar 10 & Apheta 3, one month in - padreken 12:37:48 10/11/21 (13)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.