Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: MC Gain question posted by Joe Backer on April 3, 2021 at 08:20:41:
57.5 db, is a voltage gain of 750.
If your linestage has typical 20db gain, that adds additional gain of 10. Total voltage gain is 760. So 760 times .0025 = 1.9v. If that is too low, then your amp must have a higher input sensitivity than 1.9v, or are you using a passive linestage?
Someone is welcome to correct me if my math is wrong please.
Edits: 04/03/21 04/03/21
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - MC Gain question - Joe Backer 08:20:41 04/03/21 (10)
- RE: MC Gain question - M3 lover 11:03:30 04/03/21 (0)
- RE: MC Gain question - mg16 09:17:59 04/03/21 (2)
- RE: MC Gain question - John Elison 09:58:56 04/03/21 (1)
- RE: MC Gain question - mg16 11:50:37 04/03/21 (0)
- RE: MC Gain question - Lew 09:11:15 04/03/21 (4)
- RE: MC Gain question - Joe Backer 09:40:39 04/03/21 (3)
- RE: MC Gain question - Sondek 08:38:51 04/03/21 (0)