Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Iron plinth! posted by M3 lover on March 27, 2021 at 10:00:53:
I was aware of this product. What I wonder is, in the case of the SP10 Mk3, would the vast mass of iron surrounding the massive circular magnet structure (essentially, the rotor) that is attached to the platter in some way compromise motor performance? I don't know whether this potential issue would apply to the SP10R, which uses a coreless motor presumably with a smaller magnet that is contained within a shielded structure.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Iron plinth! - M3 lover 10:00:53 03/27/21 (8)
- It's not magnetic - Mark Kelly 03:54:27 04/08/21 (1)
- Boy, you sent me to the Ostriing slang dictionary. nt - alaskahiatt 21:00:08 04/08/21 (0)
- cast metal does not ring like a bell right? - LtMandella 10:19:37 03/28/21 (0)
- Graphite headshell - valvesonly 10:16:20 03/27/21 (0)
- Iron and magnets - Lew 10:15:45 03/27/21 (2)
- RE: Iron and magnets - M3 lover 06:47:48 03/28/21 (1)
- RE: Iron and magnets - Lew 08:45:02 03/28/21 (0)
- My dad would have loved it. - ghost of olddude55 10:05:25 03/27/21 (0)