Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Thorens pic of the day posted by dean man jim on August 2, 2017 at 16:45:36:
".....the TD150 power knob having multiple functions. Perhaps the doo-hickey just sets there quietly when not in use..."
Yes, it is multi-function. Pull up to power on. Push down to power off. Left/right for speed selection 33 - 45.
So I guess if, as I assume, that the dust bug base is glued to the top of the on/off knob, one needs to pull-up with thumb/forefinger slightly below the crown of the outer knob diameter. An obvious grip point when you have one in front of you. The mkII switch is completely different and the same design we see in the TD16x,14x etc,.... only with more metal parts.
One of the things I like about the TD150 is it seems a more robust and expensive build than the TD16x which were designed and built in Lahr.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Thorens pic of the day - user510 10:41:06 08/01/17 (11)
- Very cool idea ! (nt) - reelsmith. 07:23:12 08/02/17 (0)
- Love it!... N/T - musetap 05:44:25 08/02/17 (0)
- RE: Thorens pic of the day - dean man jim 18:13:45 08/01/17 (5)
- RE: Thorens pic of the day - user510 18:34:37 08/01/17 (4)
- Just got this back today - geoff 15:46:26 08/01/17 (1)
- RE: Just got this back today - user510 18:36:26 08/01/17 (0)
- Fantastic - PAR 15:33:52 08/01/17 (0)
- RE: Thorens pic of the day - user510 18:09:44 08/02/17 (1)
- RE: Thorens pic of the day - raya 09:09:22 08/03/17 (0)