Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: New Orleans Club Recommendations Please posted by belyin on July 5, 2017 at 21:43:45:
Inmate belyin is obviously in the know and I second all his recommendations. The main thing is to make an effort to get beyond the French Quarter. Every visitor should experience the FQ - there is nothing else like it in this country - but there are many other dimensions of music, food, and culture to explore. The people watching is off the charts, and the street buskers are frequently better than the working musicians in most places.
I might add one more suggestion, especially if you are a dancer, which is Thursday night zydeco at Rock and Bowl, Uptown on Carrollton, accessible by (slow) public transit. Doesn't matter who is playing, it's always good.
. . . in theory, practice and theory are the same; in practice, they are different . . .This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New Orleans Club Recommendations Please - jefe 20:00:24 07/05/17 (7)
- THANKS!! - jefe 20:40:52 07/06/17 (0)
- Stream WWOZ - SamA 05:55:19 07/06/17 (0)
- one more place - zelig 03:11:25 07/06/17 (0)
- RE: New Orleans Club Recommendations Please - Analog Scott 20:17:27 07/05/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: New Orleans Club Recommendations Please - tlea 05:47:27 07/06/17 (0)