Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Double LP perhaps? posted by ecl876 on June 17, 2017 at 18:31:41:
" still preserve the dynamics,"
Given the bass content ( wow, those organ pedal notes) and dynamic range of the original recording this has to be impossible.
Chandos have not produced LPs for decades until recently. Now vinyl is fashionable and is selling well. So I think that what we have is a typical case of a record company jumping on a bandwagon but neither understanding the market's requirements nor exactly what they are doing. People are buying LPs because they think that they sound better than the other media, not just because they are vinyl. In this case buy the SACD or download the hi-rez file would be my advice.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Startling Advance in lp technology: 80 minutes playing time! - ecl876 10:29:17 06/16/17 (9)
- ? - M3 lover 10:08:33 06/17/17 (1)
- RE: ? - ecl876 15:15:53 06/17/17 (0)
- RE: Startling Advance in lp technology: 80 minutes playing time! - PAR 00:29:46 06/17/17 (0)
- Double LP perhaps? - risabet 20:23:18 06/16/17 (5)
- RE: Double LP perhaps? - PAR 16:20:41 06/17/17 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: Double LP perhaps? - PAR 00:18:01 06/18/17 (0)