Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: Yes, it is absolutely beautiful. Can I ask what modifications were made to the ST-70? nt posted by alaskahiatt on June 5, 2017 at 17:04:38:
I have the ST70 since 2005. I had Joe Curcio Cap and Input Driver board mods. Replace old wirings with solid core and stick with Mullard rectifier and El 34's. That's it.
Pictured, you can see that I can replaced the Orange drops with other caps but I am happy with the sound. East German Siemens 6DJ*'s installed for splitter and driver tubes.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Great Match for Vinyl Sound - amandarae 16:41:48 06/04/17 (18)
- Very nice, Abe - 1973shovel 08:05:21 06/06/17 (2)
- Be happy and proud to be a luddite - Story 17:20:56 06/05/17 (1)
- Thanks! NT - amandarae 21:56:08 06/05/17 (0)
- Yes, it is absolutely beautiful. Can I ask what modifications were made to the ST-70? nt - alaskahiatt 17:04:38 06/05/17 (4)
- RE: Yes, it is absolutely beautiful. Can I ask what modifications were made to the ST-70? nt - amandarae 21:51:27 06/05/17 (3)
- Pretty boxes.. - bare 13:02:08 06/05/17 (5)
- RE: Pretty boxes.. - amandarae 21:55:29 06/05/17 (0)
- RE: Pretty boxes.. - twystd 19:22:22 06/05/17 (0)
- Did you ever try modifications from Mr. Nachtrieb? nt - alaskahiatt 17:05:42 06/05/17 (2)
- Aww C'mon - bare 16:09:43 06/07/17 (1)
- My question was whether you knew anything about modifications by Randy Nachtrieb. Thanks. - alaskahiatt 00:23:18 06/08/17 (0)
- Just beautiful; thanks for sharing! nt - viridian 20:43:23 06/04/17 (1)
- RE: Just beautiful; thanks for sharing! nt - amandarae 21:59:37 06/05/17 (0)