Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: New pressings suck? posted by magiccarpetride on April 15, 2017 at 18:16:11:
Not all new pressings suck but the Beatles stereo remasters were not well-received, especially by discerning listeners, for all of the reasons you've described.
I assume your scratched copy is a US pressing and some US pressings are readily available for not a lot of money. Not all, but some. Used shops in Louisville generally have a handful of 1970s-era reissues with the orange or plum Capitol labels for $10-$15.
BUT there are a lot of US pressings, so you'll need to figure out which one is yours and proceed from there. You can do that on the linked page. If you're not familiar with Discogs, first check the left-hand column to make sure you're looking at the LP format and then the column that specifies country of origin.
You apparently really like yours so why not find a better copy?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New pressings suck? - magiccarpetride 18:16:11 04/15/17 (25)
- RE: New pressings suck? - gordguide 21:36:32 04/24/17 (0)
- RE: Not always but - ydavid 07:04:17 04/18/17 (1)
- ditto nt - audio_d 20:49:29 04/24/17 (0)
- RE: New pressings suck? - Jeffrey Lee 06:28:01 04/17/17 (2)
- RE: New pressings suck? - jazzthusiast 07:37:35 04/17/17 (1)
- +1 on the purple large logo label - Biff 07:26:58 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: if you want a truly good copy of Abbey Road - user510 10:40:55 04/16/17 (12)
- A Japanese pressing will give the MoFi a run for it's money. /nt - Biff 04:29:43 04/17/17 (7)
- The MoFi is a Japanese pressing...nt - EdAInWestOC 04:33:57 04/17/17 (6)
- The Mofi was cut bright.... - vinyl1 20:39:29 04/16/17 (3)
- source, or the person 'doing' the remastering. - 3+4=5 07:27:52 04/16/17 (0)
- Its not the pressing plants... - EdAInWestOC 02:54:29 04/16/17 (0)
- RE: New pressings suck? - jazzthusiast 19:40:29 04/15/17 (3)