Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: have you heard it? posted by user510 on April 16, 2017 at 20:53:12:
I also have several pressings of Abbey Road. My original 1st UK pressing is the best sonically but it is not in great condition. You can still hear the superior sonics but its not a great listen with the poor condition of the LP.
The MoFi is a very good pressing. I don't know how it could be considered a bright pressing. It is not bright IMO. I currently have the UK 1st pressing, the UK blue box pressing and the MoFi. I believe that I have another in a pile of used LPs I have not gone through yet but I cannot say which pressing it is or how it sounds.
We don't shush around here!
Life is analog...digital is just samples thereofThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New pressings suck? - magiccarpetride 18:16:11 04/15/17 (23)
- RE: Not always but - ydavid 07:04:17 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: New pressings suck? - Jeffrey Lee 06:28:01 04/17/17 (2)
- RE: New pressings suck? - jazzthusiast 07:37:35 04/17/17 (1)
- +1 on the purple large logo label - Biff 07:26:58 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: if you want a truly good copy of Abbey Road - user510 10:40:55 04/16/17 (12)
- A Japanese pressing will give the MoFi a run for it's money. /nt - Biff 04:29:43 04/17/17 (7)
- The MoFi is a Japanese pressing...nt - EdAInWestOC 04:33:57 04/17/17 (6)
- The Mofi was cut bright.... - vinyl1 20:39:29 04/16/17 (3)
- source, or the person 'doing' the remastering. - 3+4=5 07:27:52 04/16/17 (0)
- Its not the pressing plants... - EdAInWestOC 02:54:29 04/16/17 (0)
- RE: New pressings suck? - jazzthusiast 19:40:29 04/15/17 (3)Follow Ups
- Agreed... - EdAInWestOC 04:29:45 04/17/17 (0)