Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: New pressings suck? posted by magiccarpetride on April 15, 2017 at 18:16:11:
I recall the remastered stereos were sourced from digital masters & not well received by vinyl lovers at all. The mono box set that came out just a few yrs ago is a different story. It was remastered form the original analog mono master tapes & received high marks by vinyl enthusiasts. Of course, the mono set does not include Abbey Rd, Let It Be, or Yellow Submarine, since there were not orig mono mixes for those albums. Probably the best bet, if you'd like to acquire all the Beatles albums eventually is to obtain the "Blue Box" set, cat # BC-13, late 70s UK reissue of all the orig stereo albums plus "Rarities." I have that set for UK stereo mixes, orig yello & black label Parlophone & Apple (White album) for monos, & the mono box just b/c I couldn't resist. The late 70s UK reissues' sound quality is excellent & they are well regarded by most. The alternative is to seek out the ones you want one by one. 60s & 70s UK pressings are best. Track selections are not the same on US Capitol albums up to Revolver & SQ isn't the same as UK. Just my 2c.
"If less is more, just think how much more more would be!" - Frasier Crane.
Russco Studio Pro B/Syntec S220/Empire 2000E/3-Technics SL1210mkII/DL103R/Yam C-4 pre-Yam M-4 amp-KLH 5 spkrs-Outlaw subThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - New pressings suck? - magiccarpetride 18:16:11 04/15/17 (25)
- RE: New pressings suck? - gordguide 21:36:32 04/24/17 (0)
- RE: Not always but - ydavid 07:04:17 04/18/17 (1)
- ditto nt - audio_d 20:49:29 04/24/17 (0)
- RE: New pressings suck? - Jeffrey Lee 06:28:01 04/17/17 (2)
- RE: New pressings suck? - jazzthusiast 07:37:35 04/17/17 (1)
- +1 on the purple large logo label - Biff 07:26:58 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: if you want a truly good copy of Abbey Road - user510 10:40:55 04/16/17 (12)
- A Japanese pressing will give the MoFi a run for it's money. /nt - Biff 04:29:43 04/17/17 (7)
- The MoFi is a Japanese pressing...nt - EdAInWestOC 04:33:57 04/17/17 (6)
- The Mofi was cut bright.... - vinyl1 20:39:29 04/16/17 (3)
- source, or the person 'doing' the remastering. - 3+4=5 07:27:52 04/16/17 (0)
- Its not the pressing plants... - EdAInWestOC 02:54:29 04/16/17 (0)
- RE: New pressings suck? - jazzthusiast 19:40:29 04/15/17 (3)