Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
A good friend inherited a Thorens TD-121, McIntosh MC225, and Mac preamp from his father. Several years ago I built a multi-layer birch ply plinth but left it raw wood. Since Michael Samra is rebuilding his MC225, I decided we needed to do this right. So.........veneered his plinth and gave him a Rega RB250 I wasn't using. When he got it from his Dad there was also a still good ADC XLM MkII which I mounted and aligned. Testing by listening to "Camarillo" from Sheffield Labs direct to disc. Wow!! In the background is my JVC QL50 with DIY carbon fiber tonearm. Fun, fun!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Latest Project, Wish It Was Mine - tubav 09:44:35 04/15/17 (6)
- Thanks Nate and Opus - tubav 09:25:28 04/16/17 (0)
- RE: XLM Mkii + Rega - mr.bear 10:40:55 04/15/17 (4)
- the MkII - texanater 06:43:25 04/16/17 (2)
- Yup. The MK I with the flat pins was the one with ridiculous - Opus 33 1/3 08:40:43 04/16/17 (1)
- RE: Yup. The MK I with the flat pins was the one with ridiculous - Lew 10:14:10 04/16/17 (0)
- Worked great in my Widow. - Opus 33 1/3 15:26:07 04/15/17 (0)