Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
Hey folks. I just got SRA dialed in on my Lyra Delos on an ET 2.5 tonearm. Had that "snap into focus" experience for the first time in a good while. Played "Pegasi" by Jesca Hoop and had goose bumps for about the whole song. The reason for the post is because there was one tool that punched way out of it's weight class in making that possible. A mini pocket microscope. I won't link to a specific one 'cause I ain't shilling, but searching for 'mini pocket microscope' will get you on several, all under $10. It's 2 barrels, one for the lens and one for the light. I'm not sure if mine is 45x or 60x, but it's easily up to the job. What worked for me was to put the stylus down right at the edge of the LP and tweak it so that when the edge of the lens casing was touching the edge of the LP, the diamond was in perfect focus. From there it was no problem seeing the SRA and adjusting it. The image of the diamond is plenty big enough. FWIW I also own and have played around with a USB digital microscope on a laptop. I got some great pics, but it's way more expensive and a major PITB, but if you don't trust your eyes and want to use the graphing capabilities that brings to the table, knock yourself out.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Pocket Microscope for SRA and stylus examination. - MLKIII 08:36:33 04/15/17 (12)
- With my eyesight... - EdAInWestOC 10:42:51 04/20/17 (0)
- RE: Pocket Microscope for SRA and stylus examination. - jperry 14:19:02 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: Pocket Microscope for SRA and stylus examination. - bare 09:32:51 04/18/17 (0)
- RE: Pocket Microscope for SRA and stylus examination. - Mel 08:19:55 04/16/17 (2)
- RE: Pocket Microscope for SRA and stylus examination. - MLKIII 06:17:54 04/17/17 (1)
- Thanks. (nt) - Mel 08:51:59 04/18/17 (0)
- Great idea on stabilizing the scope. - tketcham 14:37:42 04/15/17 (0)
- When you're dealing with a degree at a time - M3 lover 10:51:00 04/15/17 (3)
- RE: When you're dealing with a degree at a time - MLKIII 12:30:44 04/15/17 (2)
- RE: Thanks, useful info! (nt) - mr.bear 10:09:47 04/15/17 (0)