Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Dragonplate posted by raya on April 13, 2017 at 17:48:34:
The table is a "stretched" TD-150, to accommodate a 12" arm. The sub chassis is machined from 1/4" aluminum plate and has been lengthened on the arm board end to support the wider arm board.The two spring mounts at the tonearm end have been moved toward the arm board to balance the longer chassis.(notice that the spring studs are now outside the platter on the top plate) The springs have been replaced with gum rubber tubing. The motor is a N.O.S. unit. The base is solid cherry with a Baltic birch bottom plate.
The tonearm is my first complete tonearm build. It is 12" length and uses ABEC 7 bearings and is machined from aluminum, brass an stainless.The arm tube is an Easton arrow shaft.
A fun project. I'm pretty obsessed with building tables and amps and end with way more gear than is practical and usually sell them off and build more. This TD-150 is a keeper for now along with the Lenco and Rondine Deluxe.
Freak out...Far out...In out....This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Thorens TD 126 arm board carbon balsa sandwich - raya 11:52:59 04/13/17 (15)
- RE: It should sound very good! ... - andyr 18:28:50 04/13/17 (0)
- Dragonplate - dee eye why 16:06:21 04/13/17 (6)
- RE: Dragonplate - raya 17:48:34 04/13/17 (4)
- RE: Dragonplate - dee eye why 19:04:50 04/13/17 (3)
- RE: Dragonplate - raya 17:45:01 04/13/17 (0)
- RE: Thorens TD 126 arm board carbon balsa sandwich - 6bq5 13:50:37 04/13/17 (1)
- RE: Thorens TD 126 arm board carbon balsa sandwich - raya 17:46:50 04/13/17 (0)
- What type of adhesive please? Thank you. nt - alaskahiatt 13:30:16 04/13/17 (4)
- RE: What type of adhesive please? Thank you. nt - raya 13:31:40 04/13/17 (3)