Welcome Licorice Pizza (LP) lovers! Setup guides and Vinyl FAQ.
I've been waiting forever to post a gloat on the VA.
I was culling some old LPs I bought (a 100 LP collection) at a garage sale about 10 years ago, when I came across a mono pressing of Herb Alpert and the TJB's "Volume 2" (A&M LP 103). I slip Side 1 on the platter and start spinning Track 1 "The Great Manolete." A favorite of all here, I'm sure.
But wait. Something's terribly wrong. What I now hear is "What Now My Love," Track 1 from Side 1 of the TJB's "What Now My Love" (A&M LP 104). And the rest of the tracks are similarly wrong.
Wrong stamper or mis-labeled!
I've heard that mistakes like this that slip out of the U.S. Mint into circulation can fetch a small fortune from collectors. But this? IT'S EVEN MORE AMAZING!
So...before I call the major New York auction houses, I thought I'd give you savvy vinylheads a chance.
What am I bid?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - I think I finally hit the mother lode! - Tom 13:48:31 04/12/17 (7)
- I have a Mo-Fi test pressing of Aqualung... - Tre' 16:00:51 04/12/17 (1)
- It's a joke... - Tom 16:50:44 04/12/17 (0)
- I have a copy of Neil Young's On the Beach"... - John N 15:09:26 04/12/17 (0)
- Does mislabeling improve the music? nt - Rick W 14:31:27 04/12/17 (0)
- RE: I think I finally hit the mother lode! - raya 14:22:04 04/12/17 (2)
- Not sure about that. I got a pretty good price 7 years ago for a "Royal Ballet". - alaskahiatt 17:17:25 04/13/17 (0)
- RE: I think I finally hit the mother lode! - Tom 15:23:28 04/12/17 (0)