Home Tweakers' Asylum

Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.

RE: There is no best , even the most expensive are just different

Eh, I don't know. The caps I mentioned may sound very pedestrian to you and it's OK. Audio Research extensively used multi caps in their reference line before they developed their own gold cased caps and although it's not my sound aesthetics it worked for them. VH are in business for many years now so clearly they offer a valuable service and make people happy. It takes years or decades to acquire the experience and if you have it and can make a recommendation all the power to you. I read all the negative opinions about Hovland caps which were once darlings of everybody and it didn't stop me from enjoying Hovland preamplifier which was full of them. It was a really nice unit in every regard.
The only instance you can sort of trust an online opinion on audio subject is that the person expressing it is in the same sandbox as you are.
Blessed to be the waves of audio fashion which allow us, a poor bastards to acquire out of fashion gems cheaply :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.