Home Tweakers' Asylum

Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.

RE: The Journey (long)

The Belton's are great, have a grip on the pins that lasts after years of tube rolling and just taking them in and out for other tweaking.

Power cords all sound different but most require "leaning forward" to hear which at age 73 just isn't worth it.

THe PCX toggles may not make a sonic difference to you (mine don't make an audible difference) but I like the very satisfying 'snap'.

Duelund CAST resistors across the inputs of my B&C DE-250's made a very audible improvement worth every penny.

Capacitors are perhaps the most clearly audible changes that can be made. After years of preferring Obbligato, I now am infatuated with Mundorf Silver/Gold Oil for pre-amp outputs.

I'm currently hard at work on sand-box speaker stands, received the veneer yesterday, as well as moving my Tubelab SSE from a clunky old chassis into a new, smaller one. Finished the glue-up of the mitered corner splines last night.

The very best way to overcome PIE (Pandemic Induced Ennui).

Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase...as true of humans as of molecules - Pardot Kynes

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The Journey (long) - B. Scarpia 04:56:12 08/25/20 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.