Home Tweakers' Asylum

Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.

No matter how good a DC supply you build

You'd still be feeding it through the internal diodes, and (probably) regulators inside the headphone amp, since the Shiit is designed to be fed AC, with rectification and filtering done internally.

Jedrider stated in his post below, "So, if you feed it clean DC, it doesn't really have to do much to it, i.e. it's filtering will be mostly irrelevant."

I suppose that depends on how one defines "mostly". I was feeding my Graham Slee phono stage +24 VDC from two motorcycle batteries in series. I discovered an internal 7818 regulator, which I eventually replaced with a +18 V Belleson SuperPower to great result, better than any cable upgrade I've ever done, for example.(link below)

Apparently the 7818 was adding its own noise, even when fed from what many believe is the best DC power source, batteries.

A well built outboard DC power supply might indeed improve things. But unless the internal diodes and regulators are bypassed, it's likely going to be a compromise.

"Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be. 'Cause now I'm an amputee" J. Lennon

Edits: 07/04/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Audio Hoarder  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.