Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Heat generated.... posted by Lew on May 13, 2017 at 10:03:32:
If you read my original post, it has been the experience of Mike from Acme Audio Labs that standard, UL rated ceramic fuses of the same rating as their glass counterparts tend to open sooner than the glass variety. Rick then posted that some guy over on DIYaudio had a similar experience.
I was trying to wrap my mind around that, because honestly, it still doesn't make any sense to me, which was the reason for my post.
"Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be. 'Cause now I'm an amputee" J. LennonThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - More on (or is that moron?) fuses - 1973shovel 06:03:00 05/04/17 (24)
- That has been my experience - firstname.lastname@example.org 10:46:53 05/10/17 (7)
- I hate to sound like the little kid in the back seat - 1973shovel 09:41:22 05/11/17 (6)
- I would like to know, too - email@example.com 15:56:27 05/11/17 (5)
- As we speculated further down - 1973shovel 22:40:52 05/11/17 (4)
- RE: More on (or is that moron?) fuses - Lew 17:18:29 05/04/17 (9)
- Since you use the ACME fuses.... - mitch2 05:05:38 05/06/17 (3)
- I think I did buy some of those - Lew 12:20:16 05/08/17 (2)
- RE: More on (or is that moron?) fuses - Tweaker456 20:02:08 05/04/17 (4)
- Haha. Yes, "sole" was at the soul of my message - Lew 08:38:46 05/05/17 (3)
- RE: Haha. Yes, "sole" was at the soul of my message - Tweaker456 12:06:29 05/06/17 (2)
- RE: Haha. Yes, "sole" was at the soul of my message - throwback 16:34:47 05/07/17 (1)
- I need no assistance with that ritual - Lew 12:15:17 05/08/17 (0)
- RE: More on (or is that moron?) fuses - Mike B. 14:12:33 05/04/17 (3)
- Thanks for the feedback, Mike - 1973shovel 04:27:10 05/06/17 (2)
- RE: Thanks for the feedback, Mike - Mike B. 10:58:40 05/07/17 (1)
- RE: "not all fuses react to inrush current the same way" - 1973shovel 07:03:47 05/08/17 (0)
- RE: More on (or is that moron?) fuses - mitch2 11:32:05 05/04/17 (0)
- RE: More on (or is that moron?) fuses - neolith 09:20:23 05/04/17 (0)