Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: RE: Wiring outlet box posted by JB Coleman on April 15, 2017 at 08:30:12:
A related question: I've now got both tabs of the outlet's ground strap to the box, as well as the ground jumper. Is there any concern about having too many connections to ground? Perhaps isolating one of the two tabs of the ground strap from the box would be advisable?
As it pertains to NEC code, no. Everything meets bare minimum NEC electrical safety standards. (I assume the electrician bonded the bare equipment grounding conductor of the Romex to the aluminum box so as to meet NEC.)
The Purpose of the NEC code is for the protection of life and property. NEC could care less how your audio system sounds. NEC is not meant to be used as a how to instruction manual.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Wiring outlet box - JB Coleman 10:44:13 04/14/17 (22)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - jea48 12:32:16 04/14/17 (21)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - Uncle Mike 16:57:40 04/14/17 (15)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - jea48 18:54:08 04/14/17 (14)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - JB Coleman 08:30:12 04/15/17 (5)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - jea48 09:52:42 04/15/17 (4)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - Uncle Mike 03:40:36 04/15/17 (7)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - jea48 07:20:56 04/15/17 (0)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - Kingshead 05:33:14 04/15/17 (5)
- RE: Wiring outlet box - JB Coleman 15:57:42 04/14/17 (4)