Home Tweakers' Asylum

Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.

RE: Input coupling caps as high-pass filter

This certainly can work. It is best to use a scope and SG. If no scope, a multimeter will work to, since you are just looking for the -3db point. I did this on the maggies I used to have, making them -3db at 70, and using a sub below. By removing some of the low end from the amp, it will also clean up the mids and highs somewhat as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Input coupling caps as high-pass filter - Hornlover 09:46:01 02/03/17 (0)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.