Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
In Reply to: Ultrabit Platinum Plus vs. other treatments: brief impressions posted by Quint on January 11, 2011 at 12:16:34:
When you say you used only one CD for comparison, did you actually use only one disc or multiple copies of the disc?
Most CD treatments claim to remove the mold release compound from the CD surface. Many CD treatments also contain an anti-static chemical. So, the first CD treatment you use will presumably remove the MRC as well as make the CD static free. I.e., using only one disc you cannot go back to a baseline of an untreated CD for comparison - the next treatment you try will have the advantage of having a treated disc to work with, as it were. And so forth. If only one CD is used for the comparison I suspect whichever CD treatment one uses last might well finish first.
Add'l info: Clark Johnsen ran a test of 22 fluids and gels that was published on PFO a couple years ago.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Ultrabit Platinum Plus vs. other treatments: brief impressions - Quint 12:16:34 01/11/11 (13)
- RE: Ultrabit Platinum Plus vs. other treatments: brief impressions - Dr.Phil 12:15:43 09/01/11 (0)
- How about against some of the less esoteric and less expensive treatments... - mitch2 18:59:33 01/12/11 (1)
- such as Brillianize, - Uncle Mike 09:08:16 01/13/11 (0)
- Thank you....Let us know..... - puremusic 12:26:36 01/12/11 (0)
- RE: Ultrabit Platinum Plus vs. other treatments: brief impressions - geoffkait 10:44:05 01/12/11 (3)
- Clarification on methodology - Quint 11:07:10 01/12/11 (2)
- RE: Ultrabit Platinum Plus vs. other treatments: brief impressions - calloway 06:07:08 01/12/11 (0)
- Thank you.... - alan m. kafton 23:29:46 01/11/11 (0)
- RE: Ultrabit Platinum Plus vs. other treatments: brief impressions - asikhs 16:45:49 01/11/11 (3)
- Anybody else try the Ultrabit Platinum Plus on SACD? (nt) - puremusic 12:22:35 01/12/11 (2)