Tweaks for systems, rooms and Do It Yourself (DIY) help. FAQ.
I wrote about using copper unions else in AA and I am glad this cheap tweak has helped so many enjoy their systems more.
We I have a new one for those who have used coax digital terminator on their Marzntz SA-7S1 CD players along with others who have the same output jack on their CD players.
You can find them for sale at Audiogon.
Well the copper unions slide on and off very easy so you can check the improvement and when used to much the opposite. I did most my final thoughts from trying them with different combinations.
Well I had one extra left over so I was thinking for the fun of it let me attach it to the digital terminator expecting no improvement.
WRONG, everything became cleaner out of a blacker background, bass was much better defined and dynamic, but the vocals really came into their own to where you could hear lip sounds, and breath like they were their in the room.
I thought I was just thinking I heard the improvement so played 30 seconds of the track again, paused the player, pulled the union off, back tracked to the beginning hit play and listened, sound real good but not as detailed. Vocals had a slight film and the bass was no where near detailed.
So I quickly stop the cd player, got up put the union back on, hit play and within seconds I heard the improvement and it is a big improvement when you consider in audio what a hearable improvement costs at times.
So today I stopped by Home Depot and picked up a 3/4 inch union to slip over the RCA terminator.
So give this a try also, you may be very surprised at the end results. Go to show it never hurts to try something.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Copper Union Update Info - Dr.Phil 12:56:25 04/09/09 (24)
- Hmmmmmmm now about the little Philips thingy - chris_w 09:51:45 04/13/09 (4)
- Try this one... - MMasztal 07:02:12 04/27/09 (0)
- RE: Hmmmmmmm now about the little Philips thingy - Jim Smith 14:22:57 04/13/09 (1)
- RE: Hmmmmmmm now about the little Philips thingy - David Pritchard 20:51:12 04/13/09 (0)
- RE: Hmmmmmmm now about the little Philips thingy - Dr.Phil 11:51:02 04/13/09 (0)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - David Pritchard 10:24:33 04/12/09 (3)
- I think it is incumbent on all of us to try things ourselves. - Norm 06:27:33 04/14/09 (0)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - Dr.Phil 07:10:17 04/13/09 (0)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - ozzyboy 15:46:23 04/12/09 (0)
- have u tried buying thin copper sheets and molding around plugs and rca"s? cheaper and wonder if better - soundquest 12:47:20 04/11/09 (1)
- I would expect that cheap aluminum duct tape would be better than any copper - Norm 07:21:36 04/12/09 (0)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - ozzyboy 19:36:40 04/09/09 (12)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - Dr.Phil 23:32:08 04/09/09 (11)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - ozzymilton 09:13:43 04/10/09 (10)
- RE: Copper Union Update Info - Dr.Phil 09:31:58 04/10/09 (9)
- I am confused about this. Are you saying that you hear an improvement putting the copper union over a shorting - Norm 11:21:23 04/10/09 (8)
- RE: I am confused about this. Are you saying that you hear an improvement putting the copper union over a shorting - Dr.Phil 11:28:00 04/10/09 (7)
- RE: I am confused about this. Shorting plug into an active RCA output? - ozzyboy 08:49:00 04/11/09 (4)
- RE: I am confused about this. Shorting plug into an active RCA output? - Dr.Phil 11:06:19 04/11/09 (0)
- RE: Terminology - rick_m 10:27:36 04/11/09 (2)
- RE: I couldnt find your posts at AudioGon at first - HumanMedia 22:28:19 04/10/09 (0)
- There is no heading for "Tweaks" in the Audiogon forums. (nt) - JimBop 21:53:58 04/10/09 (0)