Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: 6922 tubes posted by Tre' on April 10, 2021 at 12:55:50:
Yes. Based on old stock tubes, the Mullard 6dj8 is a favorite of mine. And should I ever run out of them, I hope current production recommendations of 6922 Gold Lion or JJ will work out.
Here is a list of most of the tubes I have on hand and tried...
Amperex Bugle Boy Small O, Large O, and D Getter
Amperex Orange Globe O Getter and A Frame
What's interesting is that I never knew my original Counterpoint branded tubes were Mullard until I happened to come across them again in my stash some 30 years later.
I have never tried any of the CCA Telefunken or Siemens. Nor any USA made 6922/7308 tubes. All out of my reach now.
As an aside, the Amperex BB Large O Getter are my favorite signal tubes in my ARC D70 amp. Sometimes you never know until you try.
"I know just enough to get into trouble. But not enough to get out of it."
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6922 tubes - firstname.lastname@example.org 09:09:53 04/09/21 (19)
- RE: 6922 tubes - MP62 22:04:33 04/17/21 (2)
- RE: 6922 tubes - email@example.com 13:00:53 04/19/21 (1)
- RE: 6922 tubes - sony6060 06:36:02 04/20/21 (0)
- Voskhod "Rocket Logo" 6N23P Tubes (nt) - thetubeguy1954 10:55:13 04/15/21 (0)
- RE: 6922 tubes - Jonesy 12:03:46 04/09/21 (8)
- RE: 6922 tubes - firstname.lastname@example.org 16:43:36 04/09/21 (7)
- RE: 6922 tubes - Jonesy 18:12:03 04/09/21 (6)
- RE: 6922 tubes - marlin 11:23:41 04/09/21 (3)
- +1 for Gold Lions... - Rod M 18:26:22 04/09/21 (2)
- RE: 6922 tubes - Sondek 10:39:41 04/09/21 (1)
- Rostnov made ECC88 and E88CC tubes for Siemens and Telefunken - Jay Buridan 17:10:45 04/11/21 (0)
- RE: 6922 tubes - Jonesy 18:40:34 04/10/21 (1)
- Thanks. nt - Tre' 08:16:47 04/11/21 (0)