Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
Sorry, but I lack the ability to comprehend the basics of vacuum tube circuitry except that I know that I like the way tube gear sounds.
Anyway, this question pertains to a Cary V-12 with six EL34s on each side with two separate bias pots & a single power supply & it is drinking out of a dedicated circuit (with nothing else on it).
My listening sessions run for around two to five hours & I have taken to checking & adjusting my bias at the end of each session. I have noted that one side stays solid (@ about 260 mA + or - a couple) while the other side has usually climbed about 10 mA. I know that 10 mA is not a big number, but does the fact that this is happening consistently on one side indicate that one of the six EL34s on that side are going south?
"The disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. As you see it gets in the lungs!"
Edits: 11/17/20This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Bias consistently creeping up on one side - immatthewj 22:18:58 11/17/20 (12)
- just to make it clear - Story 08:39:06 11/18/20 (1)
- RE: just to make it clear - immatthewj 08:46:23 11/18/20 (0)
- With my VTL amps - E-Stat 07:17:30 11/18/20 (9)
- RE: With my VTL amps - immatthewj 08:43:48 11/18/20 (8)
- RE: With my VTL amps - jyourison 07:59:54 11/21/20 (1)
- RE: With my VTL amps - immatthewj 09:56:49 11/21/20 (0)
- RE: "...except that possibly it was because I had been drinking..." - acres verde 15:17:44 11/19/20 (3)
- RE: "...except that possibly it was because I had been drinking..." - immatthewj 20:33:16 11/19/20 (2)
- RE: "...except that possibly it was because I had been drinking..." - DDzStereo 04:36:30 11/21/20 (1)
- RE: "...except that possibly it was because I had been drinking..." - Alpha Al 06:02:01 11/22/20 (0)
- Good luck! -nt - E-Stat 08:46:33 11/18/20 (1)
- With the tubes or the twelve step program? ;^). Nt - viridian 20:07:56 11/18/20 (0)