Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

Bias consistently creeping up on one side

Sorry, but I lack the ability to comprehend the basics of vacuum tube circuitry except that I know that I like the way tube gear sounds.

Anyway, this question pertains to a Cary V-12 with six EL34s on each side with two separate bias pots & a single power supply & it is drinking out of a dedicated circuit (with nothing else on it).

My listening sessions run for around two to five hours & I have taken to checking & adjusting my bias at the end of each session. I have noted that one side stays solid (@ about 260 mA + or - a couple) while the other side has usually climbed about 10 mA. I know that 10 mA is not a big number, but does the fact that this is happening consistently on one side indicate that one of the six EL34s on that side are going south?

Thanks.

"The disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning. As you see it gets in the lungs!"

Edits: 11/17/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Bias consistently creeping up on one side - immatthewj 22:18:58 11/17/20 (12)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.