Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
Recently picked up an amp that has 6 x 6550C output tubes; 6350 driver tube and 12AT7 input tube per each monobloc.
Of the three, which tube set impacts the sound the most?
Input? Since that's the first part of the process?
I'm hoping it is since it's a lot cheaper to roll the input tubes.
"Man, that mouse is Awesome." - Kaemon (referring to Jerry, of Tom and Jerry fame)This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Amp's Tube Question - AudioDwebe 07:56:49 10/27/20 (7)
- RE: Amp's Tube Question - immatthewj 21:28:48 10/28/20 (0)
- RE: Amp's Tube Question - Jonesy 11:59:12 10/27/20 (2)
- RE: Amp's Tube Question - AudioDwebe 12:15:29 10/27/20 (1)
- RE: Amp's Tube Question - Jonesy 12:30:30 10/27/20 (0)
- RE: Amp's Tube Question - jedrider 08:03:33 10/27/20 (2)