Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
I have a DAC with a tube output. It was originally designed for 6922's. Not being a big fan of the 6DJ8 "family" and seeing 6922/6SN7 adapters, I thought "why not?".
Then I looked at the 600ma filament current, which led me to the 6SL7. They sound excellent, but I'm concerned about the difference in grid resistance and longevity. I was told to check the voltage at the tube side of the output cap, and that 100v (+/-10%) and I would be "good to go" (measured voltage is 102.3v).
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6922 to 6SL7 - Rikkitik 08:42:28 09/14/20 (13)
- RE: 6922 to 6SL7 - immatthewj 21:43:16 09/17/20 (3)
- RE: 6922 to 6SL7 - Rikkitik 15:07:28 09/18/20 (2)
- RE: 6922 to 6SL7 - Sondek 14:12:51 09/17/20 (0)
- The problem is the mu - Ralph 12:35:39 09/15/20 (1)
- RE: The problem is the mu - mraudio 20:34:15 09/15/20 (0)
- Tube adapters are no substitute for design. - andy evans 15:20:29 09/14/20 (3)
- RE: Tube adapters are no substitute for design. - Rikkitik 10:47:12 09/15/20 (2)
- RE: 6922 to 6SL7 - Eli Duttman 12:26:10 09/14/20 (1)
- You are too correct - Victor Khomenko 15:31:19 09/21/20 (0)