Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: Octal base driver for 300b posted by andy evans on August 26, 2020 at 00:32:54:
You can get very large gain from a CCS-ed pentode. And low output Z thanks to the mu-output. Tune the gain with a resistor between plate and ground. Gary Pimm is the first I heard writing of this, and unfortunately I have not spoken to him in forever.
CCS tuned for the idle current and the resistor current.
Friend, I would not hurt thee for the world...but thou art standing where I am about to shoot.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Octal base driver for 300b - andy evans 01:58:28 08/25/20 (8)
- 6AG7 ? - GeorgePope 10:50:28 08/26/20 (0)
- RE: Octal base driver for 300b - sideliner 18:11:37 08/25/20 (5)
- RE: Octal base driver for 300b - andy evans 00:32:54 08/26/20 (4)
- RE: Octal base driver for 300b - PakProtector 04:48:54 08/25/20 (0)
- RE: Octal base driver for 300b - PakProtector 19:22:26 08/28/20 (0)