Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes posted by Berrell88 on August 21, 2020 at 14:09:41:
While it's working and you have it flipped on it's side with the bottom cover off and one hand in your pocket!!!!
Take a pencil and push on the solder contacts of the tube socket on the effected side. See if you can get it to work. This way you can pin down what socket and where the failing joint might be. Also visually look at all the solder pads under magnification.
Reflow the solder on all the sockets on that board. Also make sure no components have started to become intermittent.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes - Berrell88 14:09:41 08/21/20 (9)
- Time for the pencil test - airtime 06:49:08 08/22/20 (2)
- RE: Time for the pencil test - Jonesy 11:19:12 08/22/20 (1)
- RE: Time for the pencil test - 6bq5 15:01:52 08/24/20 (0)
- If all else fails, check the circuit board traces for the 6922 tubes - garymuffley 16:48:20 08/21/20 (0)
- RE: Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes - Blackdog 14:51:06 08/21/20 (4)