Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes posted by Berrell88 on August 21, 2020 at 14:09:41:
Put the old tubes back in and try again. Despite the mystique of NOS tubes, your chances of getting crap are pretty high. Even if they were tested on a tube tester, once in circuit, with the higher voltages and currents a lot of tubes don't run properly.
If it runs with the old tubes, you've bought some clunkers. Also make sure they are the right tubes.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes - Berrell88 14:09:41 08/21/20 (9)
- Time for the pencil test - airtime 06:49:08 08/22/20 (2)
- RE: Time for the pencil test - Jonesy 11:19:12 08/22/20 (1)
- RE: Time for the pencil test - 6bq5 15:01:52 08/24/20 (0)
- If all else fails, check the circuit board traces for the 6922 tubes - garymuffley 16:48:20 08/21/20 (0)
- RE: Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes - Blackdog 14:51:06 08/21/20 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: Music Reference RM9mkII Driver Tubes - Blackdog 14:51:06 08/21/20 (4)