Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

RE: Thank you! And cap questions?

Sorry for the quality of that pic. I think I maight be able to find another one I took.

Anyway: both fuses in multimeter 1 ohmed out good with multimeter 2.

"540 diode" checked at 0.56 on both sides.

I attempted to check resistance on bias pots for comparison. That was a little bit of a bltch to get at. There is a black wire, a yellow wire & a purple wire coming off each pot. I did check, on both sides, yellow to purple with bias pot backed off all the way. 0.6. To really check out from each point to each point with the bias either fullin & then full out, I think I would have to remove the pot. That doesn't look like a cake walk.

As far as checking the large caps, I think I found the cap meter on amazon you were referring to for $20. I may have to go that way. I did use my multimeter to do the resistance check you taught me on the large caps, & what I got were readings that fluctuated a bit & then, on all 4, slowwwwwly started to rise. I assume they were headed for infinity?

I put the bottom back on & hit the power switches (this would be to see what happened WITHOUT the cap bank I previously alluded to. No change.

Then I swapped EL84s. No change.
Then I swapped 6922s. No change.

Let me see if my wife just found me a better pic.

Thanks for your help.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.