Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? posted by Nunki on May 3, 2020 at 01:08:49:
your experiences are noted, but it now seems to matter what tube and what manufacturer/where. Lots of our audio gear is made in China but designed elsewhere.
I have some Chinese made 'Treasure' KT88's that are excellent but your post makes me wonder - what design did they copy/steal from? The 'Treasures' have a blackened bottle and cannot be viewed.
Early Chinese from the 80's-00's suck in longevity and sound but they seem to have 'magically' improved them lately and at the price point they are worth considering. That's what they want. Their efforts at cornering the markets have been successful in many things beside tubes.
In the corporate climate I came from, I learned too much about Chinese manipulations and now avoid anything Chinese which is quite difficult today. I apologize for my political leanings.
!...!This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - Mel 06:12:55 05/02/20 (8)
- RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - Blackdog 17:34:24 05/02/20 (4)
- RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - Nunki 01:08:49 05/03/20 (3)
- RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - tubular.well 13:45:26 05/02/20 (0)
- RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - Sondek 11:05:44 05/02/20 (0)
- RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - airtime 06:40:00 05/02/20 (0)
- RE: 12au7 JJ Tesla vs. JJ China? - Story 05:34:29 05/03/20 (0)