Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
Changed power tubes on my C-J mv 50 .
I've been stayng with Genalex kt 77 ri from september :listened
every kind of music ,from Bela Bartok quartets to Kendrick Lamar,
and never thought to change .
Nice depth,nice midrange ,deep bass (not asMullard xf2)and never
I listen a lot, average 3 to 4 hours a day .
I have ordere some Mullard el 34 reissue and el34 premium series
from the tubestore as back up.
Last week i swept kt 77 and put mullard reissue on;so just few hours
on them ,but i can say i am very satisfied with the sound .
Very balanced ,maybe less pronounced high section ,but overall
more in line with the original c-j sound obtained with the
custom power tubes (mv 50 was originally supplied with philips -
sylvania 6ca7 tubes )
At half the price respect kt77 tubes i am very satisfied
with the results .
I have to say that new sensor power tubes have great sound and reliability
(c-j gear is pretty hard on tube ),and buying from a well known
and reputable seller makes nos power tubes prices really unfair.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - el 34 mullard reissue - 2con 14:09:18 07/04/17 (5)
- "makes nos power tubes prices really unfair." No, just not required - Chip647 19:10:11 07/04/17 (4)
- Not sure about that.... - Ross 12:08:33 07/07/17 (2)
- We were talking about old manufacture tubes versus new ones - Chip647 20:33:39 07/07/17 (1)
- RE: We were talking about old manufacture tubes versus new ones - 2con 13:36:17 07/08/17 (0)
- RE: "makes nos power tubes prices really unfair." No, just not required - 2con 03:27:44 07/05/17 (0)