Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

RE: Tube amps and interconnects

"Blue Jeans" is definitely OK, "off the shelf".

A very reasonable alternative is to make the cabling yourself. MarkerTek carries Canare F-10 RCA plugs and Mogami 2549 shielded "twinax" bulk wire, which get the job done. Connect the "hot" and ground wires to the plugs at both ends. The shield gets grounded only at the "upstream" end.

A big advantage to building the cabling yourself is the ability to cope with the tightly spaced jack sets found on "vintage" equipment. Neutrik/Rean NYS352G and NYS352BG plugs fit in the tightest of squeezes. F-10s on the "easy" ends and NYS352(B)Gs on the "tough" ends solve many a problem.

Eli D.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.