Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
I'm posting here because if I post this in other forums fights break out, tempers flair, accusations are made and no answers are actually given.
I want to treat myself to some decent cables ($25 range and 3 foot) to use between my Conrad Johnson Classic 2SE preamp and VTA ST-70 amp. And maybe between the CJ and my Marantz 250M SS amp that I use for warmer weather.
For the last few years I've been using some old Radioshack cables that seem to be working out quite well. I had my hands on other cables but sent them back. I am REALLY sorry but I can't remember the names since it was over 10 years ago.
What are some decent $25ish 3 foot long cables that do NOTHING but be good interconnects. Preferably ordered off Amazon. I'm not a cable and wire freak I just wondered if I should even bother since I actually don't have any issue with my present cable. Could be I just don't know or they really are decent and forget the whole issue?
I'm using my Sherwood S-5000 for the summer months. So cables are not a concern right now.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube amps and interconnects - airtime 09:45:44 07/01/17 (16)
- I've used C2G Velocity - jedrider 09:06:26 07/05/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - Trouser Trout 11:58:37 07/04/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - DannyR 01:26:24 07/04/17 (2)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - airtime 13:06:15 07/04/17 (1)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - DannyR 17:25:25 07/04/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - fredtr 16:07:19 07/01/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - Eli Duttman 12:12:15 07/01/17 (8)
- Thanks Eli and everyone - airtime 19:26:03 07/01/17 (2)
- RE: Thanks Eli and everyone - Eli Duttman 21:23:23 07/01/17 (1)
- Thank you for that info - airtime 07:58:08 07/02/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - krankkall 14:15:50 07/01/17 (3)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - jaydacus 20:56:34 07/06/17 (0)
- 3-pin XLR? - PakProtector 03:20:21 07/02/17 (1)
- RE: 3-pin XLR? - Eli Duttman 07:24:27 07/02/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - Jim McShane 13:31:14 07/01/17 (0)
- RE: Tube amps and interconnects - Chuck Y 10:55:24 07/01/17 (0)