Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: Need to know your equipment posted by waterfall on June 13, 2017 at 03:08:46:
You sure are inquisitive :) I hope you don't want a review of all that equipment :) I will say however if you like sweet colored euphoric music. The setup I had that worked the best was VAC CLA1 MKII ( which had a triode switch inside ) Quicksilver M60, just about any source you want, and Vandersteen Sig 3a. Incredibly smooth, but the M60's had a soft bottom end.
I listen to Jazz-Blues. Hank Crawford, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Grady Gaines, John Lee Hooker mostly. Some vocals, and violin, harp, and flute.
Most of my records are gone now. But as I stated I had a Rega Planar 25 turntable.
I renumber what the Consonance was now. It was the Cyber Sig 100 ( not the 15th anniversary )I liked the sound of it, just didn't like how they setup the bias. I was running Tung-sol Reissue 6550 when I sold it.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - my tube comparisons - waterfall 19:15:58 06/12/17 (12)
- RE: my tube comparisons - waterfall 13:50:38 06/19/17 (0)
- RE: my tube comparisons - waterfall 05:27:13 06/14/17 (0)
- RE: my tube comparisons - DAK 16:15:50 06/13/17 (0)
- You've left out DHTs like 26, 01A, 10Y, 4P1L..... - andy evans 00:40:36 06/13/17 (0)
- Need to know your equipment - FenderLover 20:04:14 06/12/17 (7)
- RE: Need to know your equipment - waterfall 05:29:52 06/13/17 (1)
- RE: Need to know your equipment - Mechans 19:46:57 06/13/17 (0)
- RE: Need to know your equipment - waterfall 03:08:46 06/13/17 (4)