Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

RE: OK I gotta ask. Why no more 6p3se / 6n3ce for sale other than on Ebay?

Thanks for your input, I value the audiophiles from the east to fill in the blanks to us in the west. The whole Soviet tube lore is murky to us, due to a lack of inside info. No doubt that was intended by the Soviet leadership during the paranoid (east and west) cold war.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm a tried and true member of the triode mafia, and have little use for pentodes unless run in triode mode. That limits my knowledge and use of Soviet era pentodes and tetrodes to triode curves that I can find on the internet, and only the linear ones are of interest.

I built a parafeed SET, using the 6S36P with the topcap, in triode mode. A wonderful sounding tube at about 20 watts dissipation (rated ~ 15). The surprising thing is we got a true 8 watts in class A1. My friend thought it might be due to the 48h plate choke I used with the high 20 watt dissipation.

Please post more on your knowledge of the Soviet era tubes, as I feel SOME are the equal, if not SUPERIOR, to western tubes. Others have no western equivalent, and all are economical in comparison to western tubes. The markup of the ebay sellers are irrelevant to me at a few dollars a tube. I don't use any western tubes in my projects any more, once I've learned of the Soviet era tubes.

twystd

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.