Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

Resist the urge...

to touch exposed hi voltage areas with your bare hands. Actually, i have been buzzed a few times but the worse was with a Fisher amp with a voltage doubler and the brainiac who "rebuilt" it did not insulate the "hot" cap. This happened in my early tube days. During the first power up i touched the cap to see if it was hot and needed to be replaced and boy did i get a nasty shock. but, i am still here so i would not worry too much about getting shocked as the currents associated with the hi volts are not very much and as long as you have rubber soled shoes and and are nowhere else grounded, the risk of injury is not likely.


This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  


Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.