Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: RE: 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition posted by wood1 on April 18, 2017 at 17:38:02:
I am th very fond of the Amperex Heerlen production tubes from the late 1950s through the early 70s. As usual there are variants. The long plate large halo getters are most desirable according to the cognoscenti, but I like them all, especially 7316s.
The non 7316s are fine, I see what I think are counterfeit 7316s to charge a lot anyway. Check for the Heerlen code right triangle.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition - wood1 10:38:03 04/16/17 (10)
- Mil spec French RT 12AU7 - FenderLover 07:24:32 04/17/17 (0)
- RE: 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition - Sondek 11:26:38 04/16/17 (0)
- RE: 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition - sony6060 11:19:30 04/16/17 (7)
- RE: 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition - wood1 16:49:23 04/18/17 (6)
- RE: 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition - sony6060 17:14:03 04/18/17 (5)
- RE: 12au7 / 5814 tubes for preamp audition - wood1 17:38:02 04/18/17 (4)Follow Ups