Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: 6SL7 posted by Laudanum on April 12, 2017 at 05:14:23:
"in general, is there a better chance that the short plate 6SL7's wont be microphonic?"
Yes, in general the smaller the plate area the less likely the tube will be microphonic.
Of the "normal" type 6sl7 "round" plate tubes, I find the short bottle GE 6sl7 to be the least microphonic.
You might look for the 6188, shown above, with ladder type box plates kind of like a 12ax7.
Those should be even less microphonic.
There is also a 6sl7 with real short black plates. See link.
Have Fun and Enjoy the Music
"Still Working the Problem"This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 6SL7 - Laudanum 05:14:23 04/12/17 (10)
- RE: 6SL7 there are sellers who test for microphony - Mechans 07:23:25 04/13/17 (1)
- RE: 6SL7 there are sellers who test for microphony - Laudanum 15:02:53 04/15/17 (0)
- RE: 6SL7 - Triode_Kingdom 10:20:38 04/12/17 (0)
- RE: 6SL7 - Eli Duttman 09:11:19 04/12/17 (1)
- RE: 6SL7 - Laudanum 14:07:15 04/12/17 (0)
- RE: 6SL7 - Tre' 08:08:17 04/12/17 (4)