Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: Why? posted by Mechans on April 8, 2017 at 11:04:30:
"Why aren't all tubes made like this?"
Bendix went from zero to hero in a very short amount of time. The "Red Bank" types were intended for the severest kind of military service. Only the "blank check" on the U.S. Treasury made available to the Military by Congress could fund that sort of product.
I guaranty you "ordinary" folks back in the 1950s were not about to pay $10, let alone more, for the 5Y3 "equivalent" 6106. For the time frame, serious money.
Eli D.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The Bendix 6384 tubes have a character all their own. - Michael Samra 23:01:03 04/06/17 (12)
- RE: The Bendix 6384 tubes have a character all their own. - Triode_Kingdom 10:23:34 04/08/17 (8)
- RE: The Bendix 6384 tubes have a character all their own. - Michael Samra 14:23:29 04/09/17 (0)
- RE:Keep a close watch on the auctions. - DAK 09:24:03 04/09/17 (1)
- I just bought another 6384 TS branded for 24 usd - Michael Samra 14:48:00 04/09/17 (0)
- Why? - Mechans 11:04:30 04/08/17 (4)
- RE: The Bendix 6384 tubes have a character all their own. - FenderLover 23:18:06 04/06/17 (2)