I am in the market for a pair of used B&W 802 speakers with the diamond tweeters, i.e. the post Nautilus 802 products that precede the current D3 model. I am a bit confused about the various model designations in this group. As I understand the nomenclature, the first diamond tweeter version released around 2005 is the 802D, followed later around 2010 by the 802D2. But I am confused about speakers listed on Audiogon and elsewhere as "802 Diamond". Is the "802 Diamond" synonymous with the 802D2 or is it a third version of the post Nautilus 802 series?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Confused about B&W 802 flavors - 802D vs 802 Diamond vs 802D2 - sleeper 21:17:02 06/16/17 (5)
- RE: Confused about B&W 802 flavors - 802D vs 802 Diamond vs 802D2 - firstname.lastname@example.org 15:45:11 06/20/17 (2)
- A long cathartic ramble - sleeper 22:49:11 06/20/17 (1)
- RE: A long cathartic ramble - email@example.com 05:08:40 06/21/17 (0)
- RE: Confused about B&W 802 flavors - 802D vs 802 Diamond vs 802D2 - Kal Rubinson 06:16:30 06/17/17 (1)
- Thanks, Kal (nt) - sleeper 20:41:00 06/18/17 (0)