In Reply to: Speaker recommendations posted by email@example.com on May 20, 2017 at 11:37:46:
You have an excellent receiver which will drive most conventional speakers very well. The IHF dynamic power (short term power) is actually spec'd down to 2 ohms, though I would not suggest it for 2 ohm speakers. I have one and it drives my 4 ohm speakers very well, and I have even used it a bit with my old PSB Stratus Minis, which are on the insensitive side. The tuner sounds fine, though I have not tried to see how well it would pick up very distant stations. Very much to the point for you, the phono preamp section is very fine.
You have not indicated how much you want to spend. PSB and Paradigm have some excellent mid-priced speakers, so they are a good place to start , or in my case, stop looking. But there are quite a number of fine speakers available nowadays.
I haven't looked for turntables for a while. My Rega P3 has an excellent tone arm which will rider over horrendous warps, but may be pricier than you want. It does not have stylus lift off at the end of the record, and I tend to think I would get a Denon TT with motional feedback for the tone arm which should ride over the warps as well, which would lift off the stylus at the end of the record. There must be some excellent second hand TTs available as well.
"A fool and his money are soon parted." --- Thomas TusserThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Speaker recommendations - firstname.lastname@example.org 11:37:46 05/20/17 (11)
- RE: Speakers Twice in 2 days? - bare 08:26:51 05/29/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - AudioSoul 08:18:38 05/23/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - Mr Peabody 09:41:11 05/22/17 (0)
- I've been trying out a pair of Q Acoustics 3050's. - Bry 19:43:36 05/21/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - Pat D 07:25:17 05/21/17 (2)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - George S. Roland 13:21:00 05/21/17 (1)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - Pat D 18:54:15 05/29/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - George S. Roland 18:11:22 05/20/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker recommendations - ornery 14:18:18 05/20/17 (2)