So much has been said about the Heresy's lack of bass, well let's clear the air.
Does the Heresy play down to sub sonic levels? Hell no, but that's not to say it doesn't have adequate bass output.
I have two pair of Heresys, one raised off the floor for better imaging, the other pair in the bedroom sit squarely on the floor. The pair raised sit on a pair of 12" subs so no lack of bass there.
In the bedroom I wasn't so cocencerned with imaging so being on the floor isn't a problem. Well, it just so happens the added bass from this position can be quite startling. The bedroom system sees most of its duty when I'm in the shower, and this morning it was rattling the windows. That's right, the unassisted Heresys were pumping out some serious bass.
The Heresy was designed at a time when flea watt tube amps were the amp de rigueur. My bedroom pair are driven with a rather unassuming 33watt/channel Kenny integrated, maybe that's part if the equation, allowing the amp to use more of its output. I don't know and don't care, I just like it.
I've included the pics of the equipment and music played.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Klipsch Heresy "the truth" - Kingshead 09:01:45 05/20/17 (12)
- If you want killer bass from a Heresy, do THIS - firstname.lastname@example.org 08:29:26 05/24/17 (5)
- RE: If you want killer bass from a Heresy, do THIS - Kingshead 09:11:10 05/24/17 (3)
- RE: If you want killer bass from a Heresy, do THIS - email@example.com 09:17:13 05/24/17 (2)
- RE: If you want killer bass from a Heresy, do THIS - Kingshead 09:42:42 05/24/17 (1)
- RE: If you want killer bass from a Heresy, do THIS - firstname.lastname@example.org 09:59:06 05/24/17 (0)
- Posting a link is....... - Ozzy 08:38:51 05/24/17 (0)
- RE: Klipsch Heresy "the truth" - geoff 02:44:57 05/21/17 (4)
- RE: Klipsch Heresy "the truth" - Kingshead 06:40:26 05/21/17 (3)
- RE: Klipsch Heresy "the truth" - russ69 11:33:20 05/20/17 (0)